Tuesday 29 July 2008

Plurk it up

Better late than never (having been away on a round trip to see the rents), I have finally stolen a few minutes to commit to memory a marvellous weekend with the Plurkers. Barely days after the original meet-up, we decided to plan another one and this time we managed to convene quite a few new faces.

I met up with Johan and Oli in the early afternoon (note to self: Johan cannot navigate the Underground unattended) before heading off to see The Dark Knight with Tim and Yaz, which turned out to be an exquisite piece of movie-making and left every single one of us speechless until the credits had rolled, the lights had gone up and a clever wit of an usher had sauntered past smugly with his face made up like the Joker's.

We then headed to Leicester Square to meet the rest of the gang, including Ten and Dakota, who I've been looking forward to meeting for ages because both of them completely crack me up, Vint, who may have to deal with me stealing her entire wardrobe, and Danillion, who is quite the cuddliest person imaginable. And, of course, the always wonderful Loaf.

As Dakota said on her blog, it wasn't long before we were all chatting like we'd known each other forever - which is hardly surprising, what with the Plurking incessantly all day and night.

After a burger and an awful lot of beer, it was back to Loaf's for some absinthe (I very kindly imposed myself on his hospitality, the poor man puts up with an awful lot from me and does it ever so graciously) and sleep - which latter indulgence we finally got round to at about 5am.

I felt grotty until Monday evening, but oh goodness me was it worth it! There were plenty of pictures taken, so you can view my shame by clicking here, here and here.

Now all that remains is to plan the next one...

9 comments:

C said...

Somehow I feel like a peeping tom or some sort of fanstalker looking in all your plurk windows. LOL.

OK, going back to look at these pictures again.

Amanda said...

It looks like you had so much fun! You look soooo pretty too!

Tenebrous said...

Great article :D It was fantastic meeting you, and I hope we didn't disappoint :)

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous!
I still don't know what plurk is. I know you have explained but...

Tim said...

Dirty stopout!

Anonymous said...

*waves* and goes into hiding again. =)

Anonymous said...

Ooh absinthe. Always been intrigued by that. Although the dream I had where I drank a whole bottle in one go and sadly passed away put me off a bit.
Was it nice? Did it make you googly?
x

WillowC said...

@Cen - we're going to have to invent rl tp get you over to the next one!

@amanda - thankees :D:D

@Ten - Not a chance of it, you guys were fantabulous :))

W*P*D - I will explain again in the pub, possum, don't worry. BEFORE the beer.

@Tim - I was all tucked up in bed by 10pm, guv, honestly I was.

@Vint - Noes, come back!

@Sylvie - That would almost certainly happen, it's EVIL stuff. Tasty though, especially when you do that flamey thinger with it. 2 day hangover though!

Emma said...

Hi Bee, I am loving this blogging stuff. I bet you must think that's really funny. Though my profile still doesn't like uploading any images of me ... perhaps it's trying to tell me something ;o) So I found this cute kitten and butterfly pic instead. Sounds like you had fun at NewsQuest, can't wait to catch up proper. M