Sunday 6 July 2008

Downward spiral


This has been an utterly dull weekend, which I blame on my aching sinuses, lack of cash and inability to leave the house when it rains.

It was improved by an impeccable, majestic, epic ending to this series of Doctor Who (Tim: shup) but swiftly ruined by a foolish decision to watch Wicker Man. Which is possibly the most ridiculous excuse for a movie I've ever sat through, and why I didn't wander off and do the washing up instead is a mystery to me. I am now faffing about trying to gather the concentration to write more of my book, but someone is frying onions and the smell is awfully distracting.

Annoyingly, this was one of those weeks that started very well and then tailed off, culminating in a downward spiral of boredom and decay. On Monday I braved Brick Lane to see a photography exhibition with the marvellous Lorna - who will now try to convince you all that it was MY idea to finish the evening in Burger King (Lorna: shup) - and aced another pub quiz with Tim and Yaz. I also saw a couple of movies I did enjoy - Gabriel and Batman Begins (a re-watch in preparation for Dark Knight) - but then came the weekend.

One can only hope that breaking out the 24 season six box set will improve matters.

5 comments:

Tim said...

Duuuuuuuude … cheer up!

HeatherFev21 said...

EPIC SCHMEPIC!

But yeah, cheer up, it could be worse, you could be... YOUKNOWWHAT ICAN.

Anonymous said...

Chin up, cheer up!
I had a weird weekend too. And I wanted Federer to win. So I spent the rest of Sunday night sulking. Pathetic really.

Isn't Friday movie night again?

Oh and it SO was ALL you about the Burger King. I have the chinese burn marks still.

WillowC said...

I read that as cheese burns, which would have made just as much sense, the way you were draping that bun all over yourself in fast food ecstasy.

Yes it is, or Drool Day, as I like to call it!

I AM BLOODY CHEERFUL -.-

Anonymous said...

I think I may have a cheese burn from my toastie this morning. I wrapped it round my face too. Eating conventionally is just plain dull.