Wednesday 11 June 2008

Words for the Day

Today I would like to teach you two new words, which you may take away and use to amuse, please, educate and surprise your friends.

Beschnuffle
This was our team name at the pub quiz last night, with which we scored a respectable 65/80 (many thanks to Best Mate and her affinity with Wikipedia). It confused the merry hell out of the landlord, who came over to ask how he ought to pronounce it. When he asked Yaz where the quote came from, she looked at him utterly straight faced and said, "I believe it was Schwarzenegger."

For yes, this word dates back to the mighty Conan the Barbarian, who was once heard to say that he planned to invade a country and "beschnuffle their women and children". We're assuming, in our collective innocence, that it's something to do with nuzzling.

Spacktard
A long-standing favourite, rekindled by the rediscovery of this picture. I think we can probably all think of a few people we would like to send the bunny a-visiting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I love the Arnie thing from Yazlet!
My favourite word is 'illegally' say it really fast over and over and fall about laughing. I do, but I haven't found my marbles yet.

Inexplicable DeVice said...

I was going to say something else but can't stop saying 'illegally' again and again and again! Thank you W*P*D.

It might have been something about that supercute bunny. Awwwww... So cute!

WillowC said...

W*P*D:I sound like something small and scuttling from a pg movie when I do that.

IDV: The bunny is cute, but he is not your friend. Evil little bastard, just look at him.

Anonymous said...

LOL it keeps me entertained for hours. I once heard a solicitor say it and it floored me! Giggling like a child I was.

Tim said...

It's 'beschnuffle' you spacktard, BESCHNUFFLE!

Arnie beschnuffled children? Crikey!

WillowC said...

Ugh fine, learn to bloody pronounciate then, christ.

I'm going on what Yaz said, this one's aaaaaaall her fault.