Sunday 8 June 2008

BBBC Sunday...any excuse

I'm generally a little slow on the uptake, so it's taken me a couple of days to notice Alicia's newest blogger challenge. Frustrated by not having enough to read, she's challenged everyone to manage a post a day for the next week.

Well, despite having failed already, I'll give it a go, if only because I made this pretty picture and I need an excuse to stick it on here because I think it might be my best yet.

Today's help-us-all-get-going question from Alicia was:

If there was one thing on the grid that you could snap your fingers and it would be gone forever, what would it be and why?

My answer is unverified accounts, because allowing people to remain utterly anonymous doesn't exactly have a track record of leading to exemplary behaviour and friendly treatment of others. Perhaps I'm old and cynical, but things seemed a lot more genuine before the sudden influx of anons.

Or possibly Copybot, because it's already been responsible for one creator on my favourites list upping sticks and I can't imagine she's alone. That damn thing will slowly erode the fashion community - these days I'm suspicious of every skin maker I don't know, which is a crying shame.

So that's my two cents, now everybody please regard my lovely picture and be astonished. Thank you.

9 comments:

Queen Kellee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow I am astonished -- Lurve this pic. Tis boooootiful!!!

(and sorry grr for the previous comment post n delete sometimes i forget to sign in with my openid instead of blogger)

Alicia Chenaux said...

I'm an unverified. ;) But the reason I still am is quite simple. If I put payment info on file, it would be very hard for me not to drain my bank account buying $Lindens. Because basically I'm lazy, if I think about buying some, then I think that first I'm going to have to pull out all my information and blah blah and that's too much work. :)

However, I do have my info at SLExchange and I have to force myself not to spend too much there too. LOL

Welcome to the BBB Challenge!!!

WillowC said...

@QueenKellee - Thank you my sweet, I'm so insanely proud of it it's not even funny! <3

@Alicia - Thank you!! As for the unverified thing, it's the concept in general I have a problem with because it leaves the grid open to griefers, thieves and, in the case of a good friend of mine, intense and very scary cyberstalking. In my day (she says, waving her walking stick) it was compulsory to put your details in - maybe payment shouldn't be obligatory, your point there is very valid, but at least people had to be accountable back then. Much less twatting about!

Looking forward to the next step of the challenge!

Unknown said...

It is a gorgeous picture! You should be proud of it!!

I wish there was a way to verify people but not make people put payment info in (for Alicia's reason - which is very valid). In addition to grieffers It might keep minors off the adult grid to have some token payment charged. I have said the idea before - when you establish an account you would be charged a nominal sum like $1-$5. And then a month later it is refunded to you - making everyone give info and giving parents two chances to see the account activity and question it.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pic!

And if I could ban just one thing? One word; "Hooooo!"

Inexplicable DeVice said...

* gasps in astonishment at lovely picture *

Writ of Hocus Pocus said...

*is truly astonished, and grins impishly*

WillowC said...

I like you people, you can stay :P
xxxx