Tuesday 10 June 2008

The real story

I'm fresh out of posting inspiration today, which isn't especially helpful on only the third day of my Big Bad Blogger Challenge. Not even the questions Alicia has so thoughtfully thrown out as brain stimulation are floating my boat this evening.

Instead, I'm taking my cue from a poll on CeN's blog that got me thinking earlier today: would you ever meet in real life someone that you know from SL?

The answer is a resounding yes, I've done so plenty of times. I went to the London meet-up a couple of years ago, I used to work for Fizik at Rivers Run Red and I'm (still) planning a visit to Las Vegas to bother Vicious.

Then of course there's Canimal, who was sunshine in my world for quite some time when she moved over here to London - still missing her, there were so many scrapes we could have gotten ourselves into :( Someone remind me to bug her about coming over for a summer holiday...

And then there's WillowZ, who I first met almost four years ago and swiftly made the transition from Second Life acquaintance to real life best mate. I still call her sis, for reasons of ancient pixelised history, and I shall be gracing her with my presence within a matter of weeks for more bellowing into microphones and breaking of everything in sight.

I have my sights on others, of course. I will not rest until I've dragged Laura into the city and there's a meet-up planned with various Twitterati soon, to which I'm also determined to drag Kitty.

So, when it comes to meeting your friends in reality, I'm all for it. After all, where the hell would I be without all that little lot?

8 comments:

Dakota Blackmountain said...

Here's to meeting SL people IRL! *smiles at Tenebrous*

Anonymous said...

In just a couple of weeks we'll be bumping up that list even further as we devistate London no doubt :D

Anonymous said...

Yay you girlies are sooo kyoooooot :)

OO if you ever come to Vegas OMG give me enough notice I might be able to skip up there too!

Anonymous said...

I need to be done the other way round, so to speak. I still look like a Troubled in SL - all out of proportion and flying a lot. Bring me in asap!!

C said...

Thanks for sharing this, I really enjoyed it.

I imagine if Alicia and I ever did meet, we'd be silly long lost sisters too, and probably sit in front of the computer LOL

Love the post :)

HeatherFev21 said...

AAHHH that picture, do you still find popcorn behind your monitor >.>

I want to come to meets, but UGH... stupid having kids! What was I thinking?!

:P

WillowC said...

@dakota - bless you two!

@loaf - that's the intention ;)

@queenkellee - omg that would be wicked, I'll keep you posted!

@sylviegirl - Yes but you're willfull and don't buy things you're told to buy.

@Cen - I'm glad you enjoyed it and totally recommend you meet up with Alicia - and take plenty of pictures to show us all!

@Willis - no popcorn for at least 3 months now -.- I want you to come, make Himself babysit! >.>

Amanda said...

AND I think you need to plan a stop in CHICAGO to meet your APPLE.