Friday 13 June 2008

Are we nearly grrrrr yet?

I wasn't going to blog about The Incredible Hulk, but then I got home and sat down at the pc and remembered I have to find something mildly entertaining to write about for the BBBC, and that was the only interesting thing I've done today.

Now, if I'm going to be absolutely and truly honest, I really only went for the company - Yaz, Tim and Lorna are choice cinema companions, whether pretending to be a monkey at a wheel (Tim), confusing panda arms for boobs (Lorna) or announcing pleasure in having talked so loudly that the people next to us moved and freed up the arm rests (Yaz).

As for the movie, I wasn't expecting a lot from it. I didn't bother to see the first one because I don't find the Hulk a very inspiring character - once he's gone green and felt a bit angsty about it, you've kind of seen it all. Bruce Banner isn't very interesting because he's just a weedy, whining bloke (even if he is Edward 'women want to mother me' Norton) and the Hulk isn't very interesting because he's just a big green thing that bangs stuff.

You can even see it in the poster - one thing wanders about menacingly, the other mopes a good'un. Perhaps you need to see both halves at once - Spiderman and Ironman manage to do personal choice-making while kicking arse. Or maybe it's just that the Hulk's a touch on the predictable side.

So, while there were mixed opinions as to whether the movie was utter bollocks or kind of alright, I'm pitching my flag in the hole that says: the experience was fun, it made me laugh, it was better than I thought it was going to be (which was never going to be hard) and, all in all, I'm glad I went.

4 comments:

Tim said...

Bruce Banner is so emo.

"Like, god, why are you always harassing me? *sigh*"

You forgot the homosexual velociraptor.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I too would watch ANY movie with you bunch! Only next time I am going vet the people around us. If they dare make a sound I will be doing some hulking out of my own.

Anonymous said...

Cup the booboies!

Anonymous said...

'Booboies' are gigantic compared to the average boobie..