Thursday 8 May 2008

Reason #456 why I hate my flat

I am a touch peevish this evening. It is around 8.30pm and, despite having left work at the usual hour, I have only just sat down at the computer.

This would be because my landlords are idiots and the handyman they employ is similarly challenged. Under normal circumstances they are the most infuriating bunch to deal with, routinely ignoring pleas for help. A couple of months ago we managed to short my entire flat through misuse of Swiss cookware (long story): it took them a week to come and check I wasn't in danger of death by electrocution (and starvation, because the oven had blown up). And careful readers will also recall the window saga.

Today, however, was the irritating cherry on the dislikeable cake. The handle of my front door has been hanging off since last weekend, so obviously they thought it would be appropriate to leave it in that state until today.

So the blithering eejit fixed the handle, then bolted the door from the inside and exited via the back door, breaking it on his way through and rendering both doors unusable.

Why? Why bolt the door leading to the building exit and go out of the other one, necessitating the moving of several pieces of furniture, the locating of a key and a needless traipse through the overgrown garden and spider-ridden side shed? Why? Why not just go out the door you've been working on and is therefore probably open, revealing a 10-foot stroll through the lobby to the street? WHY? Nothing about this experience makes the slightest bit of sense.

Three hours and one very bad temper later, I am home but wishing to leave this hellhole.

Anyone got room for a Willow? Comes with own blanket :(

7 comments:

HeatherFev21 said...

You can have our garage! It's a bit cold, but hey... anythings better than your cupboard, your stairs are NOT made to belly surf on while under the influence, I learnt that well -.-

Off to bed now, I feel bobbins, but thought i'd reply here, I dunno why, meds made me GOOOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOLLOOOOOWAABOABAA

Yes, Night!

<3

Anonymous said...

Poor Willow! I hate idiots! That break things and act all generally idiot-y!

Don't worry I will have them all offed by my centurian guards.

Meanwhile *hugs* :)

Anonymous said...

This all sounds so familiar. Cheeky bugger is probably going to get called back to fix the back door.
I once had a plumber come to my flat, gazed at the water gushing from the ceiling and said 'Oh, hmmm I see what the problem may be' Whaaat? No shit Sherlock! He left to get some 'tools' and I never saw him again. And I had an indoor water feature for another week.

I always have room for Willows, I won't even make you blow the mattress up, I got me one of them electric blower-uppers.

Anonymous said...

ARGH they are such a bunch of pig-fkers. Main Cow will simply ignore you and file her claws and then after two months of solid chasing she will deign (sp?) to send a lukewarm email. And you will be grateful and stuff.

ON MY LIST -.-

Chimp also did repairs on mine and the blinds were glued together in the middle. Badly. I thought 'hey, Chimp, get longer blinds'. This kind of thinking is beyond some though...

watch*paint*dry - I have that electric blower upper thinger and it is amazing. Does yours also deflate? Mine does - brilliant!

WillowC said...

Right, if anyone needs me I shall be at watch*paint*dry's, planning attacks involving QueenKellee's centurian guards (nice!) and sharing the kind of excitement very specific to women of our age group regarding electric pumps for mattresses.

I forgot about Chimp's blinds exercise. Didn't he paint your back door shut, too? There aren't expletives enough...

Apparently Yaz once had a plumber come round, prod her boiler with one finger and then try to charge her a couple of hundred quid. Tut.

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

must. kill. odd. job. men.

room at mine, but that coz i buried all people less than 5 foot tall in the garden plant pots.
actually i havent, but i fecking well should!

Anonymous said...

Right, got me some Willow space sorted and the pot ready for the soup you promised me. Although, it's a bit hot for soup, no?

Sylvie girl: My blower-upper is also a taker-downer. Genius! But I still can't resist the urge to roll about on the deflating mattress. Hmmmm