Friday 23 May 2008

Speed-posting, whip in hand

This will be a hurried entry, because I am trying to beat Tim. He is on his way home from dropping me off, but even if I utilise my snazzy speed-typing skills I highly doubt I'll get this post up before his appears because the cunning sod already wrote it and just has to click the publish button.

We have just returned, you see, from watching the new Indiana Jones movie, along with Lorna and Yaz, which may go some way to explaining the race-to-the-finish mood. Being a lazy bastard, of course, this is about as competitive as I get in the swashbuckly stakes.

I'm not sure whether I enjoyed the movie or the company more. And I'm not just talking about Tim and his incredible talent for not moving a muscle for the whole running time, or the fact that we three girls sounded like a bunch of nans (the phrase "he'll do himself a mischief" was never far from our lips).

I am also referring to the nutter we shared the cinema with, who insisted on interacting with the screen and sharing his astonishment at the plot developments. "No!" he shouted, more than once, and (on one very memorable occasion), "WHAT!"

The movie is very good - not, perhaps, as much of a movie feast as its predecessors but very amusing, highly entertaining and definitely worth watching. It has more Indy than your average Indy, but I guess when you're the franchise that created the cliches, you're a bit buggered when those cliches are too cliched to use any more.

And that will have to be that, because I really need to click publish...

5 comments:

Tim said...

I haven't actually written it yet - I'm just about to do that now - but I have prepared a visual treat.

Give me 10.

Anonymous said...

Damn I am going to have to do something visual now aren't I.
We should have got the nutter's number, he would be brilliant for Sex And The City!

Dinah said...

I love people like that! Well, love and am annoyed by them, but usually I just find them amusing. That's one of the reasons that you just can't replace the experience of going out to a theatre.

Tara said...

I will see this movie on Monday with my mom. We have seen every movie of the Indiana kind so far. I even bought the tickets ahead of time just in case it was sold out. If it's not good...well...heads will roll in the Indiana Jones, temple trap kind of way.

Anonymous said...

Two words - Alan Dale.
Two more words - AGHHHHH MMMMHNNNNVVVV