Monday 12 May 2008

Man of iron, child of doom

It is Day 3 of my enforced familial interlude, and thus far neither of us has died or burst into tears. Away from the shadow of the parentals, it appears we get on just fine. Plus, as I suspected, we have very similar tastes and a shared interest in not bickering.

On Day 1, after settling him in, we watched Resident Evil 3, which I cannot help but like because Milla Jovovich is one of my girl crushes, hence my dressing up as Alice at the last Twitter party. How can you resist a woman so unashamed about her gorgeousness? Also there are zombies and bangs and jumps and someone I find spectacularly irritating dies horribly, which ticks an awful lot of boxes.

Yesterday we went to see Iron Man, which I was expecting to be a bit bland, but completely adored. I have noticed that those of my friends who, like me, err on the side of geek loved it, while the non-geeks didn't like it much at all. Robert Downey Jr is mouth-watering and charming in both his sweaty, wife-beater apparel and his natty suits and has re-earned his privileged place among my Hollywood uber-crushes.

We also watched The Kingdom, which I was in too much of an Iron Man afterglow to properly appreciate and was all a bit serious and chilling. I want to see the shiny superhero movie again, please.

Tonight we're off to see Dara O'Briain at the Hammersmith Apollo, after which I will get some time on LOTRO if I have to shut him in the wardrobe to do it.

4 comments:

HeatherFev21 said...

Shaun of the Dead was on last night, you failed to watch it, YOU FAIL.

I didn't text you though, so I guess I fail too :/

Bring him here at the weekend to visit me, we can take him drinking, it'll be a blast! :P

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

and shut him in the wardrobe anyways! keep him on his toes ;o)

Tim said...

Did you stay till the very end of Iron Man? Did you?

CatDude said...

I guess there's still hope for LOTRO time ... one day ;)

And I agree that "Shaun of the Dead" is a MUST-SEE!