Tuesday 6 May 2008

Brother-sitting

Doom is approaching. I have been "volunteered" (if emotional blackmail, pleading and blatant threats can be described as such) for brother-sitting duty next week. Ten full days of sulky teenage boy while MummyC and DaddyC swan off to Washington.

What on earth am I going to do with him for all that time? Presumably he will sleep until early evening, mope about a bit and then demand to be entertained and fed until the small hours, while being noisy and emitting smells.

I tried to put them off by threatening to take him to Camden Market and send him home as an emo or a goth, but neither image had a tangible effect on the situation. Consequently, I am in the process of compiling a list of things to do that fit the following criteria:

1. Would interest a sulky teenage boy
2. Sulky teenage boy would not be embarrassed to do with his elderly sibling
3. Won't cost an arm and a leg.

Thus far I have decided to take him to the London Dungeons and am debating the pros and cons of leaving him there. Any suggestions?

p.s. I'm looking forward to it really, but I'm not going to admit that, am I now?

6 comments:

Shockwave Plasma said...

Take him to Aldwych tube station, and tell him to look for Lara Croft, as she is still lost down there.

HeatherFev21 said...

7 day lotro trial FTW

WillowC said...

LMFAO Shockwave! I like that idea more than I like cookies...

And a marvellous plan there from sis, too, although he is getting NOWHERE NEAR Spanky.

RoxWise said...

I still think a small dark cupboard and a pad lock would be good!! :D

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

if he gets too bad, send him to me, shall duly scare the shit out of him when i set my small ones upon him!!! i also have hose pipe and pump soap, can you tell i have teenage stepchildren??? lmao

Anonymous said...

Feeeeed him! They tend to smile, yes I have seen it, when they are fed. I like the Lara Croft solution, brilliant!