Sunday 9 December 2007

A Wheel-based Fantasy

Oh the joy, the pure and unsullied joy. For those who labour under the impression that virtual worlds have nothing to offer, let me present to you a happy little exercise in wish fulfilment...

Step 1: I develop a wanton obsession with Top Gear and spend a growing proportion of my waking hours wishing Richard Hammond was my lovebunny and Jeremy Clarkson lived under my stairs.

Step 2: I articulate this wish to others, often and loudly. Dearest Laura, being a sensitive soul, picks up on my subtle vibes and begins to plan a Willow Wonderland.

Step 3: Summoning me to our little virtual abode, Laura attracts my attention with the following casual notice:


Step 4: Naturally I decide to check. And lo! A shrine to the wondrousness, covered in large, prettily framed pictures with a chair in the centre so that I can settle into my daydream. Is my roomie the bollocks or what??


When, in real life, the main light bulb has blown, the door handle is hanging by a thread (both of which were, incidentally, today's traumas) and all hope of a new hoover has gone, I will know that my own personal paradise awaits me on Second Life, smiling down in BBC-authorised glory while Laura watches the telly in the next room. Bliss.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm the bollocks? *BEAMS* :D

Tim said...

But don't you think Richard Hammond's got crazy eyes since he ploughed a field with a jet car?

WillowC said...

NO I do not think that, he's still just as loveable as ever, although a little scruffier. Cute!

And yes, Laura, you are indeed the bollocks. Now where's my dinner.

Anonymous said...

Everything is down, SL, WoW, EVERYTHING! And here I come to your blog and find scruffiness! Throw him in a skirt and i'd be quite happy, thank you! xo

HeatherFev21 said...

This really isn't fair :( I started the obsession and have one too!!

:(

Tim: I thought that JUST yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Ha! *giggles and frollicks*

Tim said...

He's defo got the crazy eyes! Or at least one is!