Tuesday 18 December 2007

Tat: A Tribute


With Christmas coming, it's been a joy to experience the generosity and kind-heartedness of Second Life's designers, who have been leaving gifts under Christmas trees, carefully designing exciting treasure hunts and dreaming up special freebies for their fans.

All of which feeds nicely into my compulsion to test the limits of my inventory.

I have ceased to be able to control myself. The second a freebie is announced, I'm off. I call it my Tat Collection: things I do not need, things I will not be able to wear after Christmas Day, even a couple of things I already had. I run for them, with fear in my heart that I will be too late.

Mixed in with the ice skating outfits, the snow globes and the lemming guns, you see, are some fantastic items - gold bangles I actually went shopping for an outfit to pair with, trousers that seem to match every top I've ever bought, skins I didn't realise would even suit me. Who knows what the next freebie announcement will bring!

I'm beginning to love my tat. I don't want to take my reindeer hat off and I'm wondering if I can make ice skates a personal gimmick.

If you thought my inventory looked a bit daunting before, you ought to see it now. I'm not even bothering to unpack any more because the second I start, there's another announcement.

So yeah. Merry Christmas. Give me stuff.

3 comments:

HeatherFev21 said...

Speaking of tat...

You don't want a settee and two chairs do you? THEY RECLINE and are stupidly big...

They only cost £2k, you can have the for some twigs.. that glow.. and maybe a vase, oh.. and a packet of malteasers.

Perhaps some of that cow chocolate I like tooo..

STEAL!

WillowC said...

You can't possibly need any more glowing twigs, I've sent you enough to furnish a small, dead forest! I think I'd better send you some Maltesers before you explode of house-moving related stress though...

HeatherFev21 said...

I was offering YOU twigs to take away my tat! Kind of like a rag and bone man.. or woman.

We need to get you a horse and a cart, PROMPTLY!