Wednesday 19 December 2007

Extreme Posting

This is a Public Service Announcement for everyone in Britain: December 20 is the last day to post your 1st class packages. I repeat, today is the last day for post.

If, like Laura and I, you like to live life on the edge and add a little danger to your gift-giving, you will doubtless have left the cards and packages on the hall table until this, the very last minute, while you warm up for the challenge of Extreme Postage, accompanied by a Rocky-style training montage.

(I'm not sure what would be involved in one of those, maybe speed envelope licking and postbox lunges.)

The photograph above is an actual scene from this year's Extreme Postage qualifying rounds, taken by super-photographer Laura. Heed the warning, people: to truly excel, you will need appropriate gear and the right attitude. Half-hearted attempts will not cut it on the Last Day of the Post: you will need to push it right to the last second, to cross the finishing line just as the Royal Mail van pulls up. You will need to overcome terrifying obstacles and look fear right in the eye. You will need nerves of steel and balls of iron.

Is this you? Are you among the masses who engage in this yearly sport?

Good luck, my friends, may the Parcel Force be with you.

4 comments:

AE said...

extra points if you manage to stop the mail van that just pulled away from that last chance?

WillowC said...

Yep, but a 5 second penalty if you knock over a small child while doing so.

HeatherFev21 said...

I got yours posted, and forgot to post my uncles... does that make me a bad niece that i'd rather post stuff to my best friend?

OOOOOOOOOOPSY

:/

Also that other present should be with you tomorrow, if it's not, HEADS WILL ROLL

-.-

WillowC said...

No, but it does make you very popular with me :D:D YAY FOR PRESSIE!!

I had two postmen today, TWO. And they both knocked. And they brought me three parcels, three cards and a letter. It's like they knew I'd done them this favour of publicising the end of the postal time.