Tuesday 18 March 2008

Relay For Life

Having discovered that the swanky Mac I use at work is far happier in lag than this poor old pc, I couldn't resist going on a trolley dash around the RFL sims at lunch today.

I only made it across the winter sim and half of another one (no point asking me where I was, I barely know where I am right now), but I managed to pick up an armful of yummy things. I don't normally blog what I'm wearing, but this is a bit of a special case: all the proceeds are going to cancer research.

I think we've all come in contact with cancer, or will do in our lifetimes; for my own part, I lost a favourite teacher to throat cancer and my mum had a brain tumour that is constantly monitored in case it regrows (it was too close to the stem to completely remove). I know some of my nearest and dearest have had similar experiences. This is one of the worthiest causes I can think of.

So I thought I would show you the pieces I grabbed, in the hope that you will love them as much as I did.

Tuli's donations were, as you might expect, to die for. The dress on the right is a limited edition that comes with long and short versions, shoes, bangles and a necklace from Muse - one of the most exquisite jewellers on the grid, in my opinion.

In the second picture we have the Azalea Sunset dress from Icing with Hexed boots called Paola. In the centre is the Gold Dot Skirt from Creamshop, who I've never heard of before but dear christ is there an awful lot of fabulousness going on in that shop. Forgive the shirt I put with it, I didn't have time to get something more appropriate - the black bit doesn't come with it. On the right is the Emma outfit by Vitamin Ci.

There's plenty more there, this haul was achieved in a barely rezzed state with very little time to trot about, so please go and support the cause and grab some unique wearables in the process!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah I love the stuff. Time to battle the lag and gray-ish SL. It's for a good cause, after all. *tear*

-Portia <3

Unknown said...

Remind people to head over to Dream Studios Photography at Neptune (86, 162, 27) and get a picture taken in their cute new outfits - there is a Pink Picture fund raiser there for a minimum $100L donation. All proceeds go to RFL.

Adorable outfits BTW!! I loved how you covered your "friends" in such a cute way for the Creamshop skirt - I must have that skirt!! I am going to have to make time to get over there ASAP!!!

WillowC said...

Oh marvellous Tyms, I'll come on over tonight!!