Friday 28 March 2008

Apples falling from trees

MummyC is an avid fan of shopping channels, so much so that poor DaddyC is forced to make constant trips to the Post Office. In fact, he is made to send back such an alarming number of unwanted items that rumour has it her habit costs upwards of £20 every day in postage.

Meanwhile, DaddyC has discovered eBay, onto which he sneaks every day to buy, sell, buy, sell, faff about then buy some more. I suspect that, when he grumbles about MummyC and her QVC passion, he is, in fact, calling the kettle black.

And then there's me. I have to tell you, I did not see this coming. But here we are, buried under an avalanche of things I don't remember ordering from Play.com, apparently in excitement over the lack of postage fee. I'm quite restrained in SL (shup -.-) but I seem to have begun having lapses of attention in the real world during which I spontaneously order Items I Do Not Need.

Over the past week or so, parcels have arrived unexpectedly on my doorstep containing items I have no memory of deciding I need. Transformers, Stardust, the full 3 series box set of Black Books, Mirrormask, Elizabeth, Atonement, Harry Potter 5, Neverwinter Nights 2, three adventure games, three books by Neil Gaiman and four books by Philippa Gregory.

I clearly need help, but the arrival of the postman is admittedly more exciting nowadays.

I also ordered Firefly, which I've only seen bits of before, but I was and remain a huge Buffy fan and appreciate Joss Whedon's touch and humour. Conclusion? I am a) in love with Nathan Fillion and b) in love with Firefly. Only two episodes left....ack. Am I too late to join the protest to get it back on the air?


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg I <3 Fireflyyyyyyyyyy!!! I miss it so much it hurts a teeny bit :(

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

can i borrow black books, the phillipa gregory, stardust and what was the neil gaiman??? i have anansi boys, american gods and neverwhere, so if it is anything else, can i borrow them too???
not meaning to fuel your habit, but ya know, save me developing my own ;o)
xxxxxx

Tim said...

You could always quench your appetite by collecting autographs from the cast. Summer Glau, perhaps?

WillowC said...

@laura: I know, I'm stringing out the last two cos I don't want it to go away :(

@hatty: it's American Gods, Stardust and the Mirrormask graphic book!

@Tim: crayon or marker pen?

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

oooooooooo well american gods is one of my desert island books! amazing story! love it love it love it!
next time you are down, can i borrow others?? it will help you prepare for the extra you have to return with lol
xxxxx

WillowC said...

LOL ok, you may, seeing as you asked so nicely :P

Tim said...

Marker, of course!

She'll have it all over her face within seconds.

WillowC said...

Maybe we should get her to potato paint it, imagine the fun.

HeatherFev21 said...

Firefly? TRAITOR!

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

thank you o wispy one :o)
you and me have a date with a bottle a whiskey i believe ;o)

WillowC said...

Make it a vodka and coke and I'm all yours!! <3

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

oooooo i have a full bottle a WodKa in my kitchen mwahahahahaha!!!

Tenebrous said...

... which, roughly translated, equates to "I love Serenity!!!"