Monday 3 March 2008

The Birdiekettle

Mother came up this evening for another impromptu whirlwind visit, mostly to drop off the birthday presents I've failed to go home to pick up yet. She tends to go off on theme tangents, so among the goodies were no fewer than three scarves. One stripey to stop me coveting Richard's, one indoor stripey for, well, being striped indoors and one made of fake fur that's The Right Kind of Soft.

She also gave me my first set of pearls and matching 3-string pearl bracelet, which are absolutely gorgeous, plenty of books, a Kenwood Frothie (which, let me tell you, I've been whining about for years) and, finally, this wonderful objet d'art.

I know that at least one of my nutbag friends has a predilection for bird-themed kitchenware, so I'm pretty sure this will appeal to her. This post is therefore a peculiar dedication to the person who owns a mustard dispenser in the shape of a bluebird. I give you: The Birdiekettle.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

omg is that one of those things you just plug in and it heats up?!
I want one for my roooom!

Tim said...

Intriguing!

Anonymous said...

OMG PMSL!!! We must get them together. Imagine the love story.

That is the best kettle in the world ever, full stop, locked, key thrown. Your mum gives good gifts, she really does.

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

your kettle scares me ........ it looks far too happy!