Thursday 6 March 2008

Proof the world is in danger

SylvieGirl and I have noticed something worrying: everywhere we look, all we can see is Alan Dale.

If you don't know who this is, you obviously didn't grow up watching classic soap Neighbours during the 80s, but those of us among that minority are well aware of Jim Robinson, the archetypal Australian dad. After he snuffed it and made us all cry, we thought we'd seen the last of him.

So why is he all of a sudden in every American tv programme on every channel?

Lost
...
Ugly Betty...
The O.C...
24...

Star Trek: Nemesis...
(not strictly a tv programme, but my god that one gave me a giggle. Talk about sneaking in)...

Torchwood, CSI: Miami, ER, Navy NCIS, The X Files, West Wing - even this morning's GMTV, apparently, and the new Indiana Jones movie.

Any I've forgotten to add? Have you spotted this man, lurking in the shadows, plotting to take over television and eventually the world?

I'm telling you, if he turns up on America's Next Top Model, I'm calling David Icke. Although when I suggested this to SylvieGirl, she pointed out that he's probably played by Alan Dale.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you can see him, too...

Ever wondered who is under them Slipknot masks? Yes.

WillowC said...

You do realise he's also Ronald McDonald?

Tim said...

What's most worrying is that HE DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE AGED!

Is he really in Indiana Jones? Is he the Crystal Skull?

WillowC said...

See? He's a very scary man. If he's a man at all, that is.

As far as Indiana Jones is concerned, I'm going to place my bet now that he will play "older distinguished man with a smouldering secret".

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

he was in holby city or one of the holby based things too i believe and he does voice overs in adverts too.
why do i know this!?!?!?!?!

HeatherFev21 said...

He's staring in Monthy Pythons life of SPAM or something too, I saw it in the paper!

Anonymous said...

Spamalot! I went to see that in December. He wasn't in it then though :( bummer. Although I prob would have kept shouting "JIM!" from the audience so probably for the best.