Sunday 2 March 2008

Being bookish

I've thieved this meme from Tim because it looked like fun, and because reading is something I'm infamous for doing more than your average bear, so it seemed appropriate I take it upon myself to join in. Either way, here we go:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

I'm actually reading three books at once right now, so I've been a good girl and picked the nearest one, as instructed:


Listening to this music is like having a length of ermine pulled through your head. If honey could make a noise, this is what it would sound like. It becomes the perfect soundtrack for your spag bol and Chianti supper party.

Taken from The World According to Jeremy Clarkson and wonderfully illustrating how the man could write about shoelaces and still be engaging - haven't a clue what he's on about, but it still made me smile.

On further inspection, it seems to be a column about Ibiza-style chill-out music. Thus demonstrating that he's nothing if not versatile. Even if you hate anything with an engine, I will eat my socks if you don't enjoy the way he writes about them. If only all writers worded things as beautifully as Clarkson...I know I wish I did.

Tagging time...hmmmm.....in alphabetical stylee: Laura, Kitty, SylvieGirl, Tymmerie and WillowZ.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am on it! :-P

Tim said...

I hate Clarkson.

Anonymous said...

Would it surprise you to learn that I haven't reached p123 yet? Been reading it for 6 months, I mean give a girl a chance!
(I'll do you one asap)

xx

WillowC said...

Tyms: Good girl!

Tim: You can hate him all you want, but you won't hate his writing, it's wonderful.

SylvieGirl: LOL! In the interests of not ruining the plot, feel free to use the last book!

And in case anyone was wondering why I've taken my last post down, it's because people trying to subscribe to the magazine keep finding me on google and I'm not sure reading my waffle will do any good.

Tim said...

I hate everything to do with him.