Sunday 16 March 2008

Five Things I Like About You


Five Things I Like About You
Originally uploaded by Willow C

As we all know, Alicia does the best memes, and this one is a particularly interesting one. The challenge is to list the five things in Second Life that you simply couldn't live without.

Now, I've been around and about SL for four years now and the things I wear, the places I go and the ways I spend my time and cash have changed over and over again. A few items have seen me through quite a lot of that time, however:

1) Hoop Earrings - I do vary my earrings every now and again, but for the most part you're likely to find me wearing hoops - the bigger the better. In fact, they seem to increase in size as time goes by. My current favourites are these from Digital Dragon Designs, which I think were a Christmas freebie (see? I do use my tat!), but I have around 10 pairs. I'm the same in real life - if I wear earrings at all, that is.

2) Eyelashes - fitting eyelashes may well be my least favourite part of virtual vanity. Hours, it takes me. Which is why I stick with these ones, come rain or shine: Lynnix's Lashes, which I don't even think are available any more. I've had them for two years and never liked another pair as much. They're huge and they're dramatic and I love them. None of this subtle lash-fluttering for me, I could take down planes with mine.

3) AO - I couldn't go back to standing around like a muppet with nowhere to go, I simply couldn't. Turning my AO off even for minutes causes me intense mental anguish. My AO, like everything else, has evolved over time and is a mixture of Maitreya, Torrid and goodness knows what other poses. I do need to update it, but it works for now.

4) Photo Studio - I used to borrow pose stands when I needed them or simply stick a white prim behind myself and click a pose, but I'm now so attached to my Tillie's HUD pose stand it's alarming. I bought a pose stand of my own to throw all the hundreds of poses floating around my inventory into, and it's come in ridiculously handy. I've fashioned a little photo studio around it, which nestles happily up in our skygarden, generally making a mess of things (although we also have two glasses for dancing in, a Punch and Judy show built by Kitty and Tie and some dogs out there, yet no flowers or trees, so it doesn't look as out of place as it might).

5) Facelight - my avatar was designed for a facelight, she looks dreadful without one. Most people I've seen adapt fairly well to Windlight or having their facelight yanked off. I do not. I will be resisting Windlight up until the very last second.

So there you have it, welcome to my large-lashed little SLife.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Brilliant list!!! Mine will be coming out later this week. Photo Studio, huh? Hundreds of poses, you say?

I, too, am addicted to my face light. I have had people tell me I look better without one and even passable in Windlight - but, of course, they were LYING.

Alicia Chenaux said...

Which facelight do you like best? My avatar looks terrible in Windlight without a facelight. Currently I'm sporting 3 enormous lightbulbs around me from PixelSpa, and I have some "Especially For Windlight" face lights, but I don't really think those are doing me any good.

Anonymous said...

I have this great facelight designed by Aenea. She doesn't sell it tho :/

Great list! <3

Anonymous said...

I think facelights are the answers to botox in SL. Without it, we'll all look like old hags with weird polygonal skins and faces =D

Yay for facelights!

-Portia <3

WillowC said...

I'm going to send you ALL my facelight! It's HUD-controlled and an absolute dream - 1, 2 or 3 lights, depending on what you prefer. Which will also answer your question, Alicia!

I don't know if it'll help Windlight, being as I'm resisting it, but it's worth a try!