Monday 31 March 2008

Ordering the phoenix

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a teenage boy trapped in the body of a pushing-30 woman. The SLers™ (how I resent having to put that bloody ™ in) among you will not find this a strange concept, but that's by the by.

I have the musical taste of a teenage boy, I play the same computer games as a teenage boy and now, to top it all off, I've developed a bit of a thing for the most recent Harry Potter movie, which, as the observant among you will know, was one of the items on my surprise shopping list last week.

I can't get over how fantastic the effects are and how well they've told the story - the ones that came before this fifth installation were fairly good and the fourth is one of the movies I like to have playing in the background when I'm on the pc. But this one was the masterpiece and, as well as making magical effects look absolutely beautiful, brings across the darker tone of the later books very nicely. I shouldn't like it this much, but I do and that's that!

All of which makes me slightly concerned that I'm in the wrong body. Fortunately, I only need remind myself how much I enjoy playing Barbie dolls with my lovely, pretty avatar and dress her up in something ladylike with frills for all to be well again.

Until, of course, I remember that I also bought the pc game of the movie...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Ordering the phoenix...

*walks off chuckling*

CatDude said...

Hmm, I have passed the 30-line and still I like Harry Potter ... actually I read all the books and saw all movies. But hey, I'm a geek, so I'm allowed to do things like that, right? :-D

WillowC said...

Absolutely - we can geek it up together!!