Friday 6 July 2007

We're in business, folks!

So there I was, panicking that this freelancing gig wasn't going to go anywhere and I was 3 weeks away from the breadline, crossing my fingers they do ciabatta, when all of a sudden it started to come together - hurrah for patience!

OK that's a lie, patient is not a word I'd use to describe me. I cannot, for example, watch a TV series week by week any more, I am forced to procure box sets.

But yes, there I was, impatiently awaiting my ciabatta, when the phone rang with a sub-editor freelance offer, two emails came in offering editing work and another asking if I'd like to commission their books for them. Yeah go on then! Plus I went on a meet-and-greet with a lovely lovely lady at another publisher's yesterday and I might be taking responsibility for covering county news and events for their website, which would be very cool.

I'm so relieved I cannot tell you - after Wednesday's debacle at the magazine place, I really thought I was gonna be lucky to get a commission, let alone enough to pay the bills. I can't wait to get started!

No comments: