Sunday 8 July 2007

Viewing greed - says Who?

I am astounded. No, really, I am. I've never forgiven Billie Piper for the tripe she subjected England to as a 'solo artist' and so couldn't quite convince myself to torment my senses with Doctor Who when it relaunched. Also I managed to forget about it once a week for over a year. Impressed? I was.

Oh what a fool, I managed to bypass the most brilliant piece of UK television in years. I'm not surprised it started out with Christopher Eccleston, for of all the talent we've managed to belch out over here, he's among the very best. In fact, I highly recommend the miniseries The Second Coming for Eccleston fans, it's genius - I bought the dvd, I loved it so much.

David Tennant is clearly the best Doctor yet, of course, for anyone who was wondering. My best mate's been in love with the man for years and I would just like to say: kudos, dude, you were right :P

But I just saw the last episode featuring Rose (the Piper wench) and I'm a soggy mess of tears :( Why, why did she leave, why? UGH to painful separations, UGH. Piper, this time it's war -.-

And if anyone's reading this wondering wtf I'm on about, you can watch it all for yourself here. Hours of scientific, yet fictional, entertainment.

And in related news, for Doctor Who fans: my new favourite word is OOD.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

11 years :D

Other good doctors - Peter Davidson, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and that Paul McGann.

Tennant is the bestest ever though. He is CLASSIC enigmatic.

That was a nerdy comment :/

Anonymous said...

I meant textbook.

Textbook enigmatic.

*Nerd shame*

WillowC said...

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you: the world's cutest Who MD fan.

HeatherFev21 said...

YAY \o/ for Tv Links, my best kept secret is now OUT IN PUBLIC (ok, so it wasn't my secret, but if they take it down, i'm fully blaming YOU! and perhaps those nazi's that hate us watching things for free >.>).