Sunday 8 July 2007

Uber-excitement

YAY! My first actual, proper commission as a freelancer!

I met up with Editor Jenni on Friday in Oxygen, Leicester Square (my very favourite bar). I've not seen her since we moved to our Baker Street offices two years ago - the last round of redundancies, when we went from a company of about 50 to, well, 10. It was great catching up, we discovered some mutual loathings we'd not known about and swapped some gossip, old and new.

She'd previously written up for me a list of contacts who might be open to a cheeky speculative cv submission, so I dutifully emailed them all and hoped for the best - and one of them has come back and asked me to write three articles!

The deadline is the 16th, so I will actually be finished before I even leave work, but that just means money coming in quicker, which is never a bad thing. Oh happy day!

No comments: