Monday 9 July 2007

Old Person Strawberries

Riding the wave of controversy my beaner post inspired (ahem), I thought I would follow it up today by submitting a view shared by myself, sis and Laura for your consideration, which is as follows:

The best strawberries are old person strawberries.

We believe the most succulent, juiciest, yummiest little beasts come from the loving care lavished on strawberry patches by their OAP owners. If you have nans or grans or nandads who indulge in fruit farming, you will know this to be true.

Not to mention the jam, nothing beats a good bit of strawberry jam.

I should like to propose also that everyone book themselves a trip to the pick-your-owns this next couple of weeks, if only to have the chance to repeatedly use the word 'punnet'.

6 comments:

HeatherFev21 said...

I propose we make Cani do it at the weekend.

Now, about Cherries....

WillowC said...

Aaaaaaargh, no more growables!

I think we'll be better off taking Cani to the sweetie shop. I am SO blogging that :D

Anonymous said...

Now what about strawberries SHAPED like old ppl?

WillowC said...

You sell em on eBay.

HeatherFev21 said...

No, you photograph them, then make the Daily Star, have 10 seconds of fame, then discover your fucking DOG has eaten it -.-

WillowC said...

Jake would never do that! He's still full from eating your dad's dinner :D