Friday 25 April 2008

Exterminate

Apparently my unhinged desire to purchase everything in sight has yet to abate. Last night I, along with the rest of my editing team, traipsed up to the centre of town to attend some focus groups. These are basically sessions in which you sit 8 people in a room, show them what you've made and pray they coo positively at it.

We left the office a touch early because we knew that, along the way, we would have to pass Forbidden Planet, a shop of such exultant and unabashed geekdom that it's almost impossible not to be sucked in.

I tried so hard not to buy anything, but I failed and came out with a dalek. I don't know why, I have absolutely no idea where to put it and I am suitably ashamed. He's quite cute though and may make an entertaining desk companion. Also he was only two quid, which sealed the deal.

One thing that I found quite interesting during the focus groups, when I wasn't playing with my new toy, was that the moderator asked each of them the following question to get started: "What's your name, what do you do and how would your friends describe you?"

Well I know my name, I know what I do (most of the time) but I haven't a clue how anyone would describe me. But I'm fascinated to know, so I have decided to ask - if you had to sum me up in a sentence, what would you say?

Just you watch as nobody bloody comments now -.-

8 comments:

RoxWise said...

Intelligent
Witty
A Twitterette
Champion Mud Wrestler
My Friend

HeatherFev21 said...

Wisdom (has lots :P)
Intelligent
Loving
Loyal
Obligating
Wonderful Friend

Simple (as in.. easy to please, not thick :P)
Adorable
Rabble (she can cause one! :P)
Achiever
Humourous

There you go, as you can see I attempted to make your names out of words, it wasn't easy... SSHHH

Overall I think the one thing that describes you is <3!

WillowC said...

OK both of those are so lovely and I've gone all coy and teary - bear hugs for the both of you!

Anonymous said...

How could we not resist commenting on this one :)

Crazy (in a good way)
Playful
Imaginative
Likes nature (see bush outfit)
Potentially destructive
Friend to all!

Timmeh said...

Cuteness incarnate, even with little hairy hobbit feet :)

Amanda said...

trustworthy
supportive
honest
ambitious
thoughtful
open-minded
appreciative
reliable
warm
patient
lively
genuine
...basically-amazing

Anonymous said...

Hilarious, caring, thoughtful, knowledgeable, excitable, likes shiny things! and all of the above words that previous commenters said. I agree with all of them :D

(Will be on tomorrow xxx)

AE said...

Well apart from me being jealous about your newly acquired toy which would thus make me describe you as - and here comes my word of the day: JEALOUSYABLE you can also be described as *looks at his foot* like you said yourself, vicious and not hungry.

Other descriptive terms that come to mind (yet, these may no longer be appropriate since it's been a while that I've gotten to see you live and in full color) are

Funny with a tendency to the dark and ironic, extremely intelligent, well versed in the skill of spelling, grammar and the English language and hey you're a good writer not to mention an excellent SL photographer even though you joined the Windlight experience relatively late.

There, now tp me! Please? :-)