Monday 21 April 2008

Not your average Sunday

This evening was the regular SL Bloggers bash, hosted by the fabulous Tymmerie.
The theme was "camping, or things you might find in the woods".
So, with the help of some grass stains made by Laura, some twigs by Tie and some suitably trampy outfits chosen by Kitty, we turned up proudly bearing the title "Shagging in Bushes".
Tenuous? Perhaps, but we looked simply delightful, and I believe everyone was thrilled to see us.

A couple of months back, when she volunteered to host the shenanigans, Tymmerie asked me if I'd be prepared to hold our long-planned chocolate wrestling match during the party, for the amusement of onlookers. Make a spectacle of myself while dressing my avatar in very little? Hell yes.

I got to be Evil Wrestler while Tymmerie attempted to put me off by wearing spectacles and a baby in a sling. I was unmoved, and emerged victorious.
The loser's task is to write a post about the winner's blog, but I have a sneaking suspicion that, gracious host as she is, there was a certain amount of letting me win going on.

So I think it only fair that I do the same and give anyone who's not read Tymmerie's blog a brief introduction:

I was instantly hooked by her fantastic sense of humour - it's one of the few blogs to make me laugh out loud with every post. Whether offering a critique of kitchen-based sex toys or relaying a conversation with her mother about whether she looks like her avatar (still my all-time favourite post), Tymmerie's observations are liberally peppered with wit, attention to detail and a fabulous sense of the extraordinary. In fact, it amused me so much that I took to stalking her and, in one of my more successful stalking outcomes to date, am now proud to call her my friend.
Nowhere else will you read an interview with a prim bear and memoirs of living next door to Satan and, even if you did, I doubt you'd chuckle quite so much.

There's a link in my blogroll - I've given up putting them in the post as, for Blogger-related irritations, I can't make them a different colour without borking everything else. So scroll down a bit, click it there and prepare to be greatly amused.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! Thank you for such a flattering write up! Your costumes were a hoot! the twigs and grass stains were perfect touches to the clothes Kitty picked out! Thank you all for coming to the party!! I promise that I did not let you win - my neighbors probably heard me pounding on my keyboard and screaming in frustration! LOL

Anonymous said...

Ooh choclit! Looks like it was an excellent party!

WillowC said...

Totally deserved write-up, I love your blog! It was a wicked party, you did a marvellous job planning it - when's the next one??

Anonymous said...

*cries*

I'm so sad I had to miss the party! I had to actually leave the house and attend an actual RL First Birthday party. Although the traditional face-meets-cake mash up was entertaining, it's no replacement for chocolate wraslin'!

WillowC said...

Aaawww it would have been so nice to meet you in virtual person, too :( Next time we'll have to kidnap you from that revolting rl thing!