Thursday 3 April 2008

Earnest and important

I am currently the wunderkind - child with a gold star and a loving pat on the head. It was my parent's pearl wedding anniversary on Tuesday, Mum's birthday on Wednesday and the anniversary of the day DaddyC proposed today. So, to make it a bit special for them (as they have a predilection for old farting and not getting round to celebrations), I decided to sort the arranging out for them.

So we went to see The Importance of Being Earnest at the Vaudeville on the Strand, starring Penelope Keith, after which I booked them a room at the Richmond Hill Hotel, overlooking the famous view over the river, which DaddyC has a soft spot for. MummyC was more interested in the fact she could see into The Wick from their room - Mick Jagger's house.

The play was fantastic, the parents really enjoyed themselves (as did I), Penelope Keith was wonderfully amusing and the actress playing Cecily - Rebecca Night, lead actress in the recent BBC adaption of Fanny Hill - turned out to be someone I knew when I was very very small.

That's me in the middle of this picture, in the rather fetching lemon dress (my nan made it) proudly clutching my ice cream, and the cute little bugger to my right, in the pink, is the aforementioned Cecily.

Now there's a fame claim for you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWW you look so sweet in your little dress! How do nans always know how to make that kinda stuff?? Glad your mum enjoyed the birthday surprise!

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

ah her nan was a wizz with the knitting needles too!! and she was loads loads sweeter than that irl!
is that scary me at the back there sarah holding a baby??? i dont remember it, but it does look like i did!
xxxx

Tim said...

Um, dude, Mick Jagger doesn't own The Wick - Pete Townsend from The Who does. The house that Jagger shared with Jerry Hall is just down the road a bit, and he now owns the house next door, but doesn't live there because Jerry objects to his new squeeze.

Incidentally, Jagger spent loads on having the floors LOWERED in his new house because his new lady is so tall. Maybe he should've got together with Heather Mills?

Ronnie Wood from the Stones used to own The Wick, having bought it off Sir John Mills.

My knowledge of this house is inexplicably large. I'm getting back in my box now.

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

you know too much!!

but i need to know how, how do you know these things??? its the kinda stuff that i spout and shall remember it for future wafflings ;o)