Sunday 27 April 2008

A Bunch of Twitterers

Tonight marked the longest sustained period I've stayed in-w0rld for months - and one of the best time I've had on SL in all my four long years. Recently I've seldom logged in unless for work or picture taking, and I've rarely left the skybox unless to spend my Lindens. But thanks to some eager fellow Twitterers and Kitty holding my hand, I bravely ventured to the SL Twitter meet-up tonight - and what a night!

The cosy little campfire scene was packed almost from the start with people I spend half my days jabbering at on Twitter, and it was a real pleasure to put virtual faces to the names and talk to them all properly, in sentences not limited to 140 characters.

And what a fantastic bunch! Codebastard Redgrave, who I have long been smooching in Twitter, was quite literally on fire, though she seemed perfectly unconcerned by her flaming bosom.

Mind you, so did Roxette, which suggests there's a new trend I've yet to spot the bandwagon for. In this particular case, I think I can live without.

After a couple of hours, Kitty and I had to pop off to attend to real-worldly matters, reconvening for an impromptu shopping trip at the Artilleri sale.

Where we ran into QueenKellee, who was on a similar mission while covered in fluff - you really ought to click here to get an accurate impression of the ridiculous level of fluff about her person. Tickled me for some time, it did.

We returned to find the party threatening to wind down - hardly a surprise after 4 hours or so, but we weren't done yet so we determinedly rallied the troops and made everyone dance Thriller and various Pussycat Dolls routines.

In harmony, in a line, with beautiful choreography, while Mewsic filmed us all. I'm hoping the video will be available tomorrow so you, too, can enjoy the sheer manliness of a male avatar wiggling his hips to Vogue.

I was then treated to a much less raucous dance with Timothy Lilliehook, who I can confirm is lovely and snuggly and a perfect gentleman. Despite what all the suspicious pervs kept suggesting :P

My evening was rounded off with a one-on-one tutu shimmy with uber-sexy Codebastard, who shimmied through several sambas with me in our complementary outfits. I'm gonna be boasting about this for weeks ;)
Thank you everyone who made this such a wonderful evening, I enjoyed every second. The pics are on my Twitter in a rather larger, better form - click here.

5 comments:

Harper Beresford said...

Ms. Caldera, it was a true pleasure to finally meet you "face-to-face." Keep bringing that lovely face in world for us, new friend :)

AE said...

Nice summary :)
Gosh that was fun wasn't it? Video will be up once I've gotten some sleep. Hope I won't dream of alien you-know-whats invading our tiny planet. *shudders*

Kitty Lalonde said...

We all know what you were doing!

In all seriousness though, I does have to say thank you cos it was an awesome time, even if I'm paying for it now, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next one (But not too soon kthnx)

Anonymous said...

Now I am full of want!

-to start Twittering
-the Thriller Dance!
-A kick ass video card that can capture that big and smooth and beautifully (the big version...drool)

BUT! I'm so glad I got to meet you in world, and meet Kitty too! Another score for the Mystitool :)

Codie said...

awwww ^^ i can feel the lurve <3

that was an immense pleasure to meet you too baby, you are one sweet sweet lady *mwah!*

hope to see you soon again! ^^

Codie xXxXx