Tuesday 20 November 2007

Dog Scarf

Mood: currently missing my Internet Dog.

I swanned off to Bath this weekend to visit the Lovely Lisa because, after 5 years of relying on her to fill the pages of my magazines with her wonderful words (at breakneck speed), it was high time we celebrated with a little wine and a good long natter.

And some excitable dog, too, because I got to put a wag to the maracas and meet Skye, the dear pooch who I fell in love with a couple of months back and immediately adopted as my virtual pet. And I am his Internet Person.

He's utterly absorbing in real life, I couldn't stop watching him and making a fuss of him - I wanted so badly to stick him in my suitcase, long legs akimbo, and scuttle off home with him.


Here we are on Day 2, after Emma arrived. She's very used to dogs and had him under control immediately - I'm not, but then I found his antics highly entertaining and didn't want to stop him!
And as Skye said in his blog, nicely summing up a wonderful weekend:

Sarah Person let me leap all over her last night, and she laughed when I clambered up onto the back of the chair and draped myself around her neck like a big furry scarf. She played ball with me (my People are very well-trained, and always throw the ball when I bring it to them!), and they drank wine called "The Naked Grape" which made them giggle because of the name. People have a strange sense of humour sometimes - I didn't think grapes wore clothes anyway! Amber Person made necklaces for our Friends, and talked about designs and art with them.

This morning I woke Sarah Person by jumping on her Head, then kissing her. Luckily she didn't mind. She gave me a big cuddle. It rained all day, so I created endless Pawprint Works of Art for everyone to admire. When Em Person arrived I jumped all over her too, and sat between her and Sarah Person on the sofa so that they could both make a fuss of me.

No comments: