Wednesday 29 August 2007

I have a new dog!

OK that's sort of a dirty great lie...sort of. For I *do* have a new dog, but he isn't mine. Well he is. But he's not.

Meet Skye, new addition to my friend (and favourite freelancer) Lisa's family and one of the most expressive and cutest dogs ever born. He even has his own myspace page to record his antics, through which I have been adopted as his Internet Person.

This means I have cunningly claimed ownership of his intermaweb activities and can begin shaping him into a virtual phenomenon, as he so deserves to be. Just you have a look at his photo album, I defy you to disagree!

Herewith an exerpt from his blog, describing a day in the life of an Amusing Dog (Upon Reaching Puppy School and Failing to Comply):

My Person was a bit embarrassed because all the other Puppies Came and Sat and Lay Down as soon as their People called them. I ignored my Person and went and jumped on everyone else instead. Everyone offered my Person bits of their delicacies in case they worked better than the Treats she brought for me, but I still refused to Come, which meant I wouldn't Sit and I certainly wouldn't Lie Down. One of the Labradors was very pleased, and ate all my Treats instead. Now my Person has to do Homework with me. She has to get me to Come and Sit and Lie Down. I'm being Very Good about doing this at home. But, of course, when I go to Puppy School next week I'll pretend I don't know what she's talking about.

So, in the interests of setting things going and introducing this bundle of hilarity to the world at large, here is my favourite snap of Skye, just begging to be given its very own caption...I hereby open this to the floor...

10 comments:

Tim said...

If that last picture is anything to go by, his front legs are half the length of his back ones.

WillowC said...

That's more a judgement than a caption, isn't it Tim. And to think, I had high hopes for you!

Amanda said...

Awww, you needed a dog.

WillowC said...

No, Dotta, correction: dog needed ME!

HeatherFev21 said...

Awwwww, you deserted JAKE!

He's sat on his bed, WEEPING.

Cute dog though, i'd trade!

WillowC said...

Jake is my general entertainment and Video Dog, he is the sneakiest of the sneaky and a marvel at deception.

Anonymous said...

Oh oh he's saying
"ok lady, one more cute pose then I want my damn biscuit"

he's so cute, I wanna eat him

WillowC said...

YES! He IS saying that!

But you can't eat him, or he won't be cute any more. He'll be a bone.

Anonymous said...

He's saying:
"If I cover it up by laying in this awkward position for long enough, maybe the pee on the cushion will dry before anyone notices"

WillowC said...

No Lolly, that's what YOU'RE thinking :P