Saturday 2 February 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!


Yesterday was my birthday, officially marking 29 years of Willowings and wallowings. Highlights of the day included:

The office boys surprising me upon my return from making a tea round with a huge, sticky chocolate cake, complete with candles.

A cuddleable Gobo from The Fraggles from Laura, with a Right Kind Of Soft poof of hair, accompanied by a mug featuring Willockman and the sparkly poo - the first official Lollybloggings merchandise!

My chocolate quotient being upped by a box of nummy Thorntons truffles from WillowZ, spelling out the message "Happy Barfday" (along with Linkin Park's Minutes to Midnight to fuel my inevitable obsession).

Being treated to (a number of) bottles of sparkling rose by Ian and Matt, which I excitedly, and a bit tipsily, described as a cloud resting on a valentine sea. Sadly, when I asked Ian how he would put it, he just looked at me defiantly and said "gonad in a glass".

A little package that fell out of my card from Lovely Lisa that was carefully protecting a pair of gorgeous drop earrings made especially for me by Amber, her shockingly talented daughter.

And lastly, but absolutely not leastly, waking up to a message from Sysperia telling me there was a message for me on her blog. It turned out to be this stunning new piece of artwork and three haikus written in my honour - I've never had my own haiku before, and Syssy's never written one, so I must admit I got a bit touched and tearful when I got home and read them again (can I blame the gonad in a glass?). So much so that I can't help but show them off here:

My lovely Willow
needs only to flash her smile
for my own to bloom.

Willow tree woman
all essence of sun and dew
was born this fine day.

When we met I knew
Like was inevitable.
Now Love holds its hand.

Thank you loads to everyone who sent messages, made me smile and made my day - it's not every year you spend your natal celebrations feeling smug and loved while discussing the sexuality of Supergran, guzzling chocolate and sipping posh wine from a mug illustrated by a shining poo <3

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Glad you enjoyed yourself, and just think, now whenever you have tea, you'll see a poo :)

Anonymous said...

I haiku for none other!

Hugs

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

cool cool :o)
glad it was a good one!!
xxxxx

Unknown said...

OMG!! Happy Birthday!!!!!! YAY! Just think - this is just your first 29th b-day. I, myself, have had several and plan to keep having them. :-P

HeatherFev21 said...

YAY glad you liked your stuffage and had a great day, now.. you missed out telling them the mispellings on your packages >.>