Saturday 16 February 2008

Centenary


What Weighs Me Down
Originally uploaded by Willow C
For my 100th post - and may I take a moment to thank everyone who's stuck around for the wittery ride - I thought I'd address the new meme that Tymmerie and Alicia started. It's Second Life-related, so non-virtual readers will probably want to skip this one.

1. If you could do one thing in SL, what would you do?
I would make clothes and skins. The ideas are all there, but sadly my creative instincts stretch no further than writing, writing, more writing and making the occasional picture of my avatar. Of course, seeing as it took me nearly 4 years to get to a stage where I think she's kind of cute, as a designer I would no doubt be the literal opposite of a sweatshop. However, Sysperia will this evening be attempting to hone my artistic skills, so who knows.

2. If you could be anyone else in SL for a day, who would it be and why?
Leading on from the previous question, someone with better SL-related creative skills than myself. So, anybody really. Someone whose work I admire, just so I could experience being able to create something more impressive than a stick man (with a ruler). Perhaps Laura, who rather evilly makes it all look really effortless. Or Talyn or Abby, who have so much fun with their talents. Or Sysperia, to see where that endless flow of amazing ideas comes from.

3. If you could change one thing in SL, what would it be?
I would make it obligatory for everyone to reveal their real life name. I believe the vast majority of rudeness, griefing, snarking and other unpleasantness is a direct result of people not having to stand behind their actions. One need only look at the comments section of the Brutal Honesty blog to see what happens when people can hide behind anonymity. I would make all of us accountable.

4. If you could hop on a naughty poseball with one person of the same sex, who would it be?
Hmmmmmmm...not sure on that one, but I'd better say Syssy because she deserves a reward for all that admirable stalking :P

5. If you could hop on a naughty poseball with one person of the opposite sex, who would it be?
Even harder, I have no current SL boy crushes! I probably need to get my nose out of my writing pad, don't I...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great answers!! But give yourself credit! Your Av is lovely and you are amazingly creative!! Especially with writing! I'll bet if you gave making skins a shot you'd be surprised!

WillowC said...

OK I'm totally adding you to my list for question 4, just for that :P

HeatherFev21 said...

Do I get cookies for helping tweak said AV at times?

I don't want sex, that would be incest and that would be icky :/

I have a bunch of crushes you can have, but they will all suck ass, cos they are, of course, male and most likely.. from a country that isn't the UK :P

You can write up a storm, which is more than most people can do, if you read certain "blogs" out there, so hush it.

HeatherFev21 said...

and WTH you wouldn't be me?!?!

Wait, i'd give you my password, so I guess that might not count, oh and I can't do jack except shop.

CARRY ON!

WillowC said...

Yes it would be icky, but you can have a MOUNTAIN of cookies for ending my overexcited period of buying lampshade hairdos and bag lady outfits and steering me onto the straight and fashionably narrow.

This makes me think we should have a new meme about people who have impacted our SLives - Alicia, over to you!

HeatherFev21 said...

Scrap cookehs, I want a maltloaf mountain, kthx.

WillowC said...

Fine fine, butter with that?

Inexplicable DeVice said...

* skips in with a velvet rope no less *

Happy 100th! You don't look a day over 90!

* skips out looking pleased until the rope snags on low branches *

Bugger.