Thursday 14 February 2008

The sweetest surprise

This week has been the most tiring in years, with endless pressure and all manner of problems. But all the worry and stress dissolved in an instant today, when the post arrived.

For looming among the invoices was a brown paper package with my name on it, inside which was a birthday present from Bill (the artist who helped me create the look of Open Your Mind, for those with a short memory).

My very own, original piece of art, created just for me!

This photo, of course, does it absolutely no justice, and is marred somewhat by the big camera flash in the middle, but it at least gives you an inkling of how gorgeous it looks, hanging up right next to my desk.

I'll get quite a bit less work done for a while, because my eyes keep wandering over to gaze at it. But I don't mind being distracted. I shall be proud, and possibly boastful, for a good long time, which I don't think anyone can blame me for. How many people, after all, can claim their very favourite (real life) artist sent them a piece of art, in their very favourite style, all of their very own?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Willow, please capture this man and make him marry you. You have been ordered.

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

awww on valentines day too!!! you are loved!
tis very pretty :o)

WillowC said...

Children, you've got Hallmark hearts stuck in your eyes, it was a BIRTHDAY present!

Amanda said...

I'm soooo jealous, that is gorgeous!

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

yea but no but your birthday was like 2 weeks ago! is it just serendipity that it ARRIVES on valentines???? or is it the goddess universe TRYING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING???

rofl

WillowC said...

Hatty, you are a mischief!

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

yup!

*grins*