Tuesday 19 February 2008

Morning of Bad Temper

We are not amused this morning, things have not gone well. After waking up with a crick in the neck and irritatingly little sleep, the following annoyances have added to my woe:

1) There is once again no hot water, not a drop of it, so after splattering my own head with a stream of water roughly the temperature of an ice cube, I was forced to make the crick worse by washing my hair in the sink.

2) While attempting to get my suitcase down from on top of the wardrobe, I managed to dither about in the galactic clutter and knock over a whole box of washing powder, which I will be hoovering from crannies for many months to come.

3) During my frantic maneuverings (is that even a word?) to get said suitcase out the door, I managed to get my frightwig (you try washing 2-and-a-half foot long, thick hair forwards and then flinging it back and just see what happens. Back-combing, that's what) caught on the door latch. Cue a desperate struggle to rip the whole chunk off my head/off the latch without letting go of the door and having it crash painfully onto my skull.

4) There is someone banging on the office wall. Loudly and repetitively. With a seemingly endless array of tools.

5) One of the people I work for has complained that I never check the finished product to see how what I do is used. I'd love to, honestly I would - but I've only ever seen one of the bastards.

6) The first incarnation of the Open Your Mind website is so bad I could cry.

7) There is a THING in the kitchen. I didn't know what it was, but I opened it to investigate and promptly scalded my wrist, so I'm guessing it's a kettle. I'm offended that I had to injure myself to deduce its purpose.

2 comments:

Kitty Lalonde said...

*sneaks in, hides all possible weapons, hugs briefly, runs away*

WillowC said...

You forgot the alum (alun/alan/alam) key....MWAHAHAHA

I shall spare you though, as I like your hugs.