Wednesday 29 October 2008

Fight like the star you are

I am typing this from under six blankets, wearing gloves and a hat and fluffy slippers and shivering while my nose runs. Yes, I have succumbed to the weather and am sick as a dog - which I mainly blame on being out in Camden when the snow hit last night. It was, however, totally worth it.

Best Mate and I went to see Fightstar at Proud Camden, which is a fantastic little gig venue stroke art gallery in a converted stable, so the fairy lights and stone floor are set off by the bar, seating areas and merchandise room being each in their own individual stable. Hard to explain, fantastic to wander around in.

Now, I know most people can't quite get past the idea of Charlie from Busted being capable of making legitimate music, but I assure you he can - and he looks ever so pretty while doing it. They even go quite far into growling metal territory and do so surprisingly well. Don't believe me? Give it a go...




It was also fantastic for eye candy - lots of boys in eyeliner for my viewing pleasure. As it was very loud and I couldn't hear a thing, I suggested to Best Mate that I write a text saying "You're the hottest guy in here" and show it to one particular yummy specimen. She perfected the line by suggesting I say to him, "I wanted to text you this, but I didn't have your number".

Best chat-up line ever? I'm thinking so. I chickened out, of course, but maybe I could try it on Charlie...

3 comments:

Tim said...

I'm not listening to a Fightstar song!

*bungs ears up*

Anonymous said...

Charlie is really tall isn't he? I saw him in a shop once and couldn't get over how tall he was.

Get better soon!

WillowC said...

Gah, I'll get you one of these days *shakey fist*

He is tall! I thought he'd be a frail wee thing but he's surprisingly macho.