Friday 17 October 2008

The Canimal Invasion: Day 1

As many of you already know, I am blessed with the company of a Canimal for the next couple of weeks, which is certain to result in plenty of mayhem and an awful lot of shopping. It did last time, at any rate, and a repeat performance is no bad thing. Fewer cartoon bollocks this time though, I'm hoping.

Within half an hour of arriving (dragging behind her the most impressively voluminous suitcase ever engineered by the hand of man), she was scampering around my flat with a pig shower cap on her head and plying me with jewellery-based goodies straight from Paris. Which I shall, of course, make sure everyone is aware of when I wear it. It's from Paris. Paris, that's right. Huge rings, red and black, metallics - apparently she's perfected the art of styling me in real life as well as Second.

After a nice long nap (and you call ME a nan) during which I pondered whether to hang things from her, just as we would any of us do if she went afk (I didn't, because my self control knows no bounds), we went for a drink and a chat and a chicken salad in the pub. Fascinating picture, I know, but here for the sake of documentary evidence.

Now it's movie hour, and she's all curled up warm, comfortable, fed and watered on the sofa, so my mothering instincts are satisfied and I can finally stop fussing and fetching. Early night, you see, in anticipation of tomorrow's extravaganza with Loaf and Willis, for which I intend us to need all our energy.

She's threatening to wear the pig hat. Heaven help us.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely pictures. You sound as if you're having a lovely time with your daughter WillowC, oh, I mean with Canimal:-) Enjoy your shopping trips together.

Anonymous said...

Oh fun! I wish I could pop over there. AND, tell Cani I looove her green streaks....and her pig shower cap of course cause I LOVE pigs...and Cani <3

Tim said...

I'm thinking that the pig-hat could be this season's key trend.

Anonymous said...

For shame! I didn't even *know* your blog url until now? and now I'm all weeks delayed And listening to you drunkards talk was a piece of hilarity heaven! I truly need to cross the pond one day and join in.

Anonymous said...

She's wearing a Sin City Tshirt in one shot.

I think, aside from the pig, that is the single coolest thing I've ever seen.