Tuesday 12 June 2007

A Doll's House

It never ceases to amaze me how Second Life's so-called 'alternative' communities, the ones that cause the biggest fuss and bother and draw small-minded muppets out in droves to shake their tiny fists and wave pitchforks at the sky, are often the warmest and safest places in the virtual world.

I had the genuine pleasure of covering a fashion show for SLNN over the weekend called Breaking the Mold. The models were subscribers to the doll lifestyle aiming to showcase their own interpretations of the word 'doll'. The poster, shown here, and all the photography was done by the ever-stunning and always delicious Sysperia Poppy, who as you know I adore, worship and allow to stalk me. Oh yes. The show itself was arranged by Doll Box, talented creator of all things doll.

What I love most about these events, when SL's dolls come out to play, is the atmosphere. Supportive and affectionate, loving and good-humoured, accepting and delicate, these are some of the sweetest and friendliest members of Second Life. They know how to enjoy themselves and they know how to accept and work with their vulnerabilities as well as their strengths.

These dolls like to shop, dress up, prance about, look pretty and be creative...which I think actually makes me a doll too - doesn't it most of us?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*creeps about* shhh stalking now.oh and the doll blogspot is updated. Can I have your pillow now? I'll cherish it always