Thursday 10 January 2008

How To Lose A Job In A Day

New Boss, in an unexpected spurt of anti-dithering, has gone and found us a new office within 2 days of announcing his intention to do so. This is quite exciting, but has its drawbacks, as I've become very cosy working from my sweet little (windowless) flat.

Laura had a suggestion...

Laura: trash it a bit so its out of action for another week
Willow Caldera: and then look at him with absolutely no guilt or understanding of why there's a problem
Laura k: yeh hack a wall to bits while hes not looking and then look innocent while it crumbles
Me: while holding the hammer...with a bit of dust on my nose
Laura: tie a hammer to your shoe and gradually hack away at it under the desk
Me: while making absolutely no acknowledgement of being up to something
Me: I like how that implies a sudden flurry of completely unexpected behaviour. I want to be surrounded by a cartoon cloud with lots of symbols coming out of it
Laura: he turns back to absolute destruction
Me: and he won't have a CLUE why
Laura: and you're like "omg what's happened here then?"
Laura: if he notices it was you, drill his face a bit and run, it should give you a headstart
Me: i don't think he'd want me to come in again...which has its upsides
Laura: mission accomplished
Me: and all i had to do was single-handedly bring down the wall of a building \o/
Laura: cos there were NO SIMPLER WAYS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to trash something in the office for you. I am after all American. Trash R Us. Anything for you! *dumps an ashtray in the new office*