Wednesday 23 May 2007

Hoppity McHopperson

Today has been a day of lounging about with my feet in the air - not because I'm a lazy bastid, but because on the way to work yesterday morning I fell off my shoe.

Somewhere between the Silverlink and Tube stations at Willesden Junction I went flying across the road, flat on my face, and came to a screeching and terribly embarrassed halt near the opposite pavement.

I picked myself up and scurried (ok, limped slowly) the rest of the way, but unfortunately my ankle wasn't pleased with my bravery. It saw its opportunity on the way home and gave up the ghost as I stepped off the bus, leaving me in my second artistic heap of the day.

Happily I have a very kind long-suffering boss, who, after I bleated at him pathetically, said I should lounge about with my feet in the air today, and who am I to argue?

I can't reach the telly remote, but aside from that it's been a happy stretch of hours.

1 comment:

HeatherFev21 said...

You really should be more careful you know, all the Vodka does you KNOW good, we have learnt this previously!