Tuesday 16 September 2008

Sex and *Our* City

I don't wear dark lipstick, for one simple reason - it makes my lips look pursed and thin, which in turn makes me appear even more cranky than I usually do.
However, there was no harm, I felt, in checking this theory with the experts, so along with Best Mate, during our fashionable day of SATC-style city wanderings, I implored a hot and sexy makeover artist at the Mac counter in Selfridges to make me look just like her.

Which she did her utmost to achieve, as you can see, and I wore the results proudly - all the way back across London at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. And let me tell you, nobody messed. Although I did get a lovely compliment from a woman on the escalator, which is unusual in this coldhearted city.

The day started with a VIP trip to FacShion, which Best Mate was covering for myVillage.com and asked me along to as her +1. Terrified all week, we were, that whatever we chose to wear was going to look like a nan in an anorak compared to the trendy beauties stalking around. I shouldn't have worried though - whatever she puts on, she manages to make look achingly cool, so all I really had to do was stand as close to her as I could.

We chinwagged with designers, nodded sagely at the catwalk show and said an awful lot of "Oh my GOD I *need* that"s at the stalls - Best Mate's fabulous pictures and account are over: here.
We then strolled around Spitalfields and the amazing shops nearby, doing much the same thing at every shop window, before heading over to Oxford Street for some fashion-related errands involving style materials for Best Mate's latest project (while I prodded bits of sewing machine and looked generally blank).

And the day ended with this makeover in Selfridges, which saw me through a hectic night of trip planning and dancing with the wonderful Lorna and which I shall be attempting, any minute, to recreate for my evening out tonight... this may go horribly wrong...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a fookin excellent day and I have missed you SO much. You looked so hot in that make-up that it brought a wee tear to mine eye.

We well need a clubbing night ASAP and we need to recreate that look on you cos WOW. And I need a MAC ATTACK n all!!! xx

Tim said...

Mac accessories? Were you buying computer peripherals?

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, your makeup looked AWESOME! I've never liked dark lips but you looked gorgeous with it!