Sunday 9 November 2008

Pixel Glory


I'm not sure from whom the challenge originated, but the Second Life blog feeds are currently filled with people's attempts to make a pixel version of their true selves... and this one would be mine.

Now, first things first, I should point out that this is one fecking hard challenge. The sliders just don't go where you want them to go, and when they do one has a tendency to end up looking like a special. My real nose, for example, tilts downwards, but if you copy the proportions in SL you end up looking like you've got your nose stuck up against the window while dribbling and (probably) scratching your arse.

So this is as close as I could get her. The hair isn't bad - severe centre parting (it does it all by itself, that's not a life choice), straggly bits and a touch floofy at the top. The eyes, by our very own lovely Laura, aren't far off either.

The dress, of course, is by Canimal, who is therefore responsible for my decision to purchase both the pixel dress and its real life counterpart. It seemed only fitting.

I'm not convinced she looks an awful lot like me, but frankly any longer playing with the sliders and I'll lose what marbles I have left to me and WillowZ will stab me for repeatedly asking her what she thinks.

So what do you lot think?

EDIT: Edited to capture forever this comment from Shelly on Plurk, which I can't stop giggling at -

Shelly: pretty close pretty close! And the nose doesn't look shortbus yay!

4 comments:

Danni said...

You are prettier in real life. Also, whenever I've met you you've had this gorgeous black eye makeup on, and it's not prominent enough on there.

Otherwise it's a good likeness :)

Katrina said...

Posted:D...http://doublespanielmouse.blogspot.com/2008/11/slmeand-me.html

Seikatsu Koba said...

great attempt, both your RL self and Pixeled self are beautiful

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

i gotta say it, you do look more and more like your mum!! but i've always thought she was a vey vey pretty lady, but pixiyou is a good likeness :o)
amor mundi