Tuesday 9 October 2007

Spider Upsettingness

Having so confidently predicted that the Spider Behemoths would only be around for a fortnight at the beginning of September, it is with great shame that I admit to a sighting this week. It was perched jauntily atop the towel I keep tucked under the door into my flat, cheeky little fecker. I went at it with a bit of the banister (I didn't rip it from the stairs for the purpose, although I can't deny I would have done if necessary) and managed to chase it into my next door neighbour's flat. At which point I beat a hasty retreat, because he's almost as pathetic in spider circumstances as I am. Here beginneth the hastily compiled mission to Avoid Blame.

Spiders: why?

5 comments:

Amanda said...

OMG! Last night I went to go to bed and a spider came running down almost onto my bed!Granted he was only the size of a dime...but still a spider

WillowC said...

That's quite big enough, spiders of any size are not to be encouraged, they invite Mummy! And female house spiders can be up to 10cm in diameter :(

Tim said...

10 ft I think you'll find!

HeatherFev21 said...

Dude, you should have seen the one Simon found in our bath the other day, it was that fat and huge, you could see it's horrid lil eyes on the end of it's... eyestalk thingers.

I shit thee not, we've had one spider every other day for about two weeks now, and now.. NOW... my dad reckons we shouldn't kill them, we should let them climb out of the bath by putting a towel over the side and letting them run back to their hidey holes.

INSANITY!? You betcha' -,-

WillowC said...

ZOMG that's like Moss from the IT Crowd's invention: a small ladder to help moths escape from the bath. He should have a word with your dad.

But if you could please tell Daddy Willowz that it's a public service to squish the fuckers, I'd be most grateful.